- College of Business
Louisiana Tech University
COBB Suite 203
P. O. Box 10318
Ruston, LA 71272
Fax: 318.257.4253 (shared)
The Center for Information Assurance is an interdisciplinary, collaborative, research center between Computer Information Systems in the Department of Management and Information Systems and the School of Accountancy in the College of Business.
- The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security has designated Louisiana Tech University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE). This designation covers academic years 2011 through 2016. The National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security has designated Louisiana Tech University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Research (CAE-R). This designation covers academic years 2012 through 2017. The Center for Information Assurance led Louisiana Tech's efforts to attain these designations.
The Center's mission is to foster, support, and conduct research and facilitate training and awareness in information assurance and related areas in business for Northwest Louisiana and the United states. In particular, research will focus on furthering knowledge in all three layers of the National Security Agency's Defense in depth which includes people, technology, and operations for the public sector, and the United States Military. A major focus in this research will be business continuity, disaster recovery, accounting controls, auditing, computer forensics, and security attribution. The College is actively seeking certification as a National Security Agency Center of Excellence.
The center is pursuing research support through grants from the National Security Agency, National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Defense (DOD), Law Enforcement Agencies, and all branches of the military.
The Center for Information Assurance supports the Northwest Louisiana area by conducting research for the US Air Force Cyber Command at Barksdale AFB, the Accounting Profession, and in the Computer Information Systems area.
- 1A - AWARENESS LECTURE SERIES PRESENTATIONS
- The central focus areas for research are:
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Accounting Controls
- Security Attribution
- Information Security & Policy
- Computer Forensics
- Knowledge Management
The Center for Information Assurance has already begun conducting research projects. Examples of the types of projects that the center is pursuing are listed below.
- Deception detection
- On-line self-disclosure
- Security policies and computer abuse
- Knowledge management in virtual communities
- THE FACULTY